Saturday, February 11, 2017

Wow..has it been three months?

When I started my journey with breast cancer 4 months ago I figured I was going to blog the entire time.  Then the reality of  Chemo really hit!  I underestimated how much it was going to kick my ass, but nonetheless I persevered.  I went to work when I could, functioned around the house when I could, but spent a lot of time napping and relaxing.  I found when I overdid it my body had a way of reminding me that I was fighting a life threatening disease and kicked me in the ass for a few days.

So here is the long and short of it.  I began Chemo on November 3, 2016.  The first round I was scared of what side effects I might feel.  I was amazed that they weren't as bad as they could have been.  Yes, I was nauseous, no I couldn't eat, and yes, by week three my hair was falling out in clumps.  BUT, I was able to function, I continued to work and to remain as "normal" as I could.  The only thing I did stop was my creating and stamping for two reasons.  One, it's hard to be creative when you feel nauseous and two, I didn't have much energy to climb the stairs to my loft.  I continued to watch youtube videos, checked into StampNation when I could and dreamed about getting back to my hobby,  I knew I would, I just had to be patient.

I finished my chemo on January 6, 2017 - round four!   My friend drove 5 hours to come sit with me for that final round. The three hours certainly went fast with her to occupy me!!  She stayed the weekend and made me homemade ice cream!  Ice cream is just what the doctor ordered!

The week after that round was the worst I had felt.  I guess by that far in your body is just beat down and exhausted.  I spent almost three days in bed, but eventually I started to see the light.  By three weeks out I wasn't nauseous anymore.  I still had no appetite, and my energy was low, but I was feeling better and that's all that mattered!  I was ready for my next step - surgery to remove the tumor!  Ultrasound and MRI revealed that the tumor had shrunk to half its size, so I was good to go!

Monday February 6 was the day of my surgery.  I was OK until they brought me into my room. That's when I started to cry.  I had never been under general anesthesia and I have an irrational fear of being put under.  I tried my best to put my fears aside, but it just all became too real.  Fortunately, the morning was busy as I was whisked off to radiology so they could mark my tumor, take pictures, and make sure my surgeon was ready.  After that I met with my surgeon, the OR nurse and my Anesthesiologist. To each one I explained my fear of general anesthesia and each one reassured me that I would be ok, I would wake up and all would be good.  I was still scared, but I tried to keep a stiff upper lip.  Then the anesthesia nurse came in my room.  I reiterated my fears to him and he again tried to reassured me, but I could feel myself beginning to panic.   Then he said to me "I'm going to put something in your IV to help you relax".  That's the last thing I remember before waking up three hours later in the recovery room.

When I was more awake, my surgeon came to see me.  She told me the tumor had come out nicely and without a problem.  She did a biopsy of my sentinel lymph nodes.  One out of the 5 she tested had cancer cells, so she took them out. Everything was being sent for testing to determine next steps. Will I need more chemo or will I start radiation?  Now the long wait for those test results.

I know it's a quick Readers Digest version of my story so far, but I wanted to get some of it documented.  I posted pictures and updates to Facebook along the way for anyone who's interested.

Now to start getting back to the things I love, like stamping.  In the last week I've made quite a few cards, and just yesterday, the newest Stamp of Approval collection showed up!  I LOVE the smell of new stamps!!

Stay tuned for the return of my creativity and my MOJO!!

1 comment:


WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact or WhatsApp him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura visit his website                                     for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me